Thursday, October 13, 2011

Uganda Mission Trip 2012 Meeting

I went to a meeting tonight for the Mission Trip to Uganda with my school. I get internship credit for shadowing a physician if I'm accepted into the program, so it's practical for my education.

And it's everything I want to do. They described it as basically getting a taste of real work. If I get in, this won't be like mission trips I've been on before. It'll be like going to work. Like, my future job. You know, waking up every morning, heading to the hospital, helping out with surgeries and delivering babies and such. I'll get a real taste of what God is calling me to.

I'm scared that I won't get good recommendations from the science department, but I stayed afterwards and talked to the team leaders about my past experiences (I've been to Africa twice and can shoot/edit video, which they could really use). I totally think I have a shot at getting in, being the only one of those who showed up who has actually been to Africa before.

And if I go there, I get to go to Europe afterwards. And who in their right mind doesn't want to go to Europe, given the chance. Even if only for a few days, I'm excited. And I might be just a lil' tempted to go to Ireland again, but go somewhere I didn't go to much before, like the Northern Coast, or somewhere brand new, like everywhere besides Belfast.

I just need a fun traveling buddy.

No comments: