Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Dauntingly Beautiful

Sometimes, life being dauntingly busy makes you focus on what's important to the point that life becomes dauntingly beautiful.

Like God.

I also finally settled on a new reading plan for my Word time. I'm pop, lock, and dropping Acts, and probably hanging out in those first few epistles after it. I was going for Genesis, to possibly clear through the whole Old Testament again, but I honestly got too bored. I'm not very involved in any ministry, not being challenged much spiritually besides with leading worship, so I don't easily find the drive to read anymore, at least not where I'd have to kinda power through the boring to find the exciting.

Talking with Adam Howard a few weeks ago, he asked me questions about charismatic beliefs and spiritual gifts. Despite having taught on it in high school, I've largely put those out of my mind since JBU. Schools as baptist as this one tend to have that effect. Where Adam used to focus on everything else and I on only the spiritual gifts, he has now become curious, and I had to try to remember all I had learned. It wasn't so hard, 'cause I did put countless hours into studying that junk. It's just strange to see where I'm at now. Most people at this school would not know what to do if a demon began to manifest in someone here. I've had experience with it.

No comments: