Sunday, October 9, 2011

All of It

One thing to note about giving things to God that I find important is knowing when to put people before homework. My roommate spent an hour tonight trying to kill a bug, and I was laughing and poking fun at him about it the whole time. He got incredibly stressed out because of the bug and my reaction to the situation. After he finally killed it, he accused me of trying to make him mad. I told him that some things aren't that big of a deal, so I reacted in a perfectly normal way.

We ended up talking it out to find that the big issue is that he was letting things stress him out, rather than giving it to God. In my opinion, the thing most Christians miss out on is giving the little things to God. You can give Him your life, but that's difficult to narrow down.

"Give God the bug in your life, whether it be a bug, a test, or a roommate."

He hates my sarcasm and his reactions to it are priceless.

Oh wait, the point of this blog. I gave an hour and a half to helping him deal with the situation. God made good happen despite both of us. And now I'm going to give Him the homework I finished and the homework I didn't, the time utilized and the time wasted. 'Cause all of it belongs to Him. And He's gonna make good on His end whenever the consequences come for this late night with minimal "productivity." 'Cause He's the faithful type.

No comments: