Thursday, October 6, 2011

'Dupid Friends

I feel like this schoolyear mostly consists of me remembering important lessons I knew back in high school.

There are a few categories of friends. One is that acquaintance you talk to at dinner or in passing, or only in class. Another is that peer who's right there with you, dealing with everything you are at a similar pace. Then there are those who are ahead of you. That last group is made up of the people you need to try to spend the most time with because they won't be able to make much time for you. The peer ones are the ones you have the most chance to get close to and that you will learn from through living life with them.

Here's the thing; lately I've been doing things right with God. Like, better than in a long time. With that comes the shockingly unpleasant realization that I've joined that vast minority of people who listens to the voice of wisdom and God, and then obeys. It stinks, 'cause some friend groups are just plain frustrating. Some of my friends know how incredibly stupid it is to do things, yet they do it. Like, blatantly obvious simple stupidities and they just do them. Knowingly.

I hope God leads me to an Irish girl who can listen to sense and then comply. I'm not convinced that such a girl exists, but if there is such a human, that's the kind I'd want to be around on a permanent basis.

No comments: