Sunday, October 23, 2011

This Semester's Me

I'm not sure if I like this semester's me. I hid behind my quirkiness as a freshman. I acted and modeled all the time for the last two years of college. No one could have guessed that I was a pre-med Biology major. Now, I don't try to be so quirky. I haven't acted and hardly ever model. People know that I'm a Biology major.

This feels kinda like a repeat of junior year in high school. That's when I dropped acting for the first time in my life. It's also when I first asked God if I should ask a girl out. The answer then was the clearest I've ever gotten from God ("NO!"). I was crazy about God, and He led me through everything, even giving me busy social weekends, which tend to be something I'm not good at making happen for myself.

I'm now starting to think about asking a girl out. It isn't a big deal for most people, but being raised in a private Christian school largely craps up one's view on dating, and gives you a false fear of it. I don't feel nearly as close to God as I did four years ago (which is in contrast to my feeling like a more spiritually mature person now), so my main fear is that I'll do what everyone else seems to do and ask a girl out, only to find that God wasn't so involved in the selection process, so it craps up.

The other fear, of course, comes from ye olde insecure divorced parents. God is the only thing preventing me from inheriting those ghastly negative traits from my parents that I so fear. And yeah, I previously did not have any real fears, but that is most definitely a real one I possess now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about the whole dating thing... It can be a very stressful thing coming from a Christian background and trying to keep God in the process. Every time the girl on my blog talks to me its when I'm pretty much back on track with God, but then things go haywire with us, we mess up, and then I wonder if God ever had anything to do with it or not, it is quite frustrating.

Covnitkepr1 said...

I write and maintain a spiritual blog which I have titled “AccordingtotheBook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.