Monday, October 3, 2011

Impractical?

I might be procrastinating here, but really, who wants to study for an Organic Chemistry test? Not I.

I'm beginning to wonder (at this very moment, 'cause I had to think of something to wonder about in order to keep procrastinating) whether it would be completely impractical for me to consider dating before medical school. I mean, I'm aiming for the Caribbean, but I could end up in the US too. Residency will also be in the US. So that means six more years till I'm done with schooling, and eight more till I get to work "for real." It makes me think that a girlfriend just wouldn't be a clever decision. It's why I honestly don't get past the initial thought to actually bothering to ask God if He's into the idea. But perhaps it'd be wise to talk it over with Him, considering that He does tend to be the Lord God Almighty, infinite in wisdom and power and love.

Having gone through my few 21 years without dating, I'm starting to notice my friends getting engaged. No pressure, but it'd be nice to try dating. I'd want to do the fun dating too, where I'm not "courting", but I am secretly planning to marry the individual. That'll get 'em.

No comments: