Saturday, October 1, 2011

Never For Attention

It flies in the face of everything I've ever believed in, but tonight, I did something ridiculous. I left a dance party while it was in full swing.

EDIT

I went back. And I learned a lesson which I had apparently (and sadly) forgotten. I used to be the life of the party (but in a Christian way), and I was confused as to why this did not appear to be the case tonight. Then it dawned on me. I was doing it for attention. One of my fundamental rules of constantly adopting quirks and acting strange is that I must never, ever do so for attention; instead, I must get lost in the dance. After remembering this, I did get lost in the dance, if only briefly, and it scratched that itch I hadn't noticed was creepin' all over me.

The difference between loudly quirky and obnoxious is that obnoxious people do it for attention. Granted, I made up the different definitions, but somehow I can find a way to live with that.

In other news, WHY AM I, ONCE AGAIN, THE ONLY ONE IN MY WORLD WHO KNOWS COMMON SENSE AND IS ABLE TO LISTEN TO IT???

1 comment:

Covnitkepr1 said...

You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower. I didn’t see a follow widget on this site, but if you put one up...I will gladly follow you as well.