Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oh the Irish

Our speaker in chapel today was one of the leaders of Irish study abroad trips, the only authentically Irish one among them. Listening to him talk for half an hour was enough to make me remember why I miss Ireland so much. The redheads everywhere, the accents, the humor, just the feel of the place. Ah, I want to be there now. Snow Patrol can only take me so far. I just need to find a redheaded Irish-accented lass to travel about with me.

I have a weakness for redheads and accents. While I was studying abroad in Italy, one of our translators had a strong Scottish accent, and I had a crush on her for about a week before I stopped myself. And she wasn't very attractive either. That accent just reels me in.

1 comment:

meg said...

The redhead population in the world is anywhere from 4-6% (of course, the largest continents are Eurasia and Africa, so naturally, we have the smallest percentage). Crazy right?!
It's no wonder why people are fascinated by redheads. We are pretty cool, though (even though I'm a lighter red). haha