Sunday, October 23, 2011

Simple Answers

I was actually beginning to wonder why I hadn't blogged much interesting lately, and I realized why: God tends to be the inspiration.

So I was asking God all about these decisions on dating, grades, performing, being busy, and everything, and He simplified everything a lot during worship tonight at The Gathering, the student-led service at JBU.

First off, give everything to God. He gave me bad grades in my most important classes to remind me of an extremely important detail: I need Him. At the beginning of the semester, my problem was that I was picking up on some things really quickly, especially in Physics, where most of it was common sense. So I had largely begun to think of myself as capable of handling the workload, kinda leaving God out of a lot of it. MISTAKE. If he's not the reason, the ability, and every bit of inspiration for a work you're doing, you are doing it wrong. So during worship, He had me give everything over to Him.

Next, the issue of dating came up, and I asked Him whether I should ask a certain someone out. In truth, I had largely felt the urge to do so more because the advice from most of my friends is to go ahead and ask her out. So I asked God, and He said that I should be falling in love with Him first before I tried falling in love with anyone else, and since I was struggling with falling in love with God tonight, it probably wasn't smart to go after a girl right now.

As long as I'm following His lead, I won't screw it up. Really. The problem that most of us tend to have is that we ask God for help, and ask Him if such and such a decision is the correct one, and then we ditch Him to go after whatever He directed us to. God wants to be the focus throughout. And He deserves it. As for me, if He's gracious enough to answer me when I call out in my distress, you bet He is entitled to every bit of commitment when I'm feeling rather dandy, not particularly feeling like I need Him.

Also, the songs with a fast pace and a strong beat help me concentrate so much during worship. I dunno if it's just that my body has something to do, or if it's my body actually feeling the music, which helps me connect to it spiritually, mentally, emotionally, or whatever other -ally's may be involved.

No comments: