Sunday, November 30, 2008

The God Side of Things


This break, I got a lot done. One thing was relaxing. I'm exceptionally talented in this area when I have the time. Twelve hours of sleeping can be normal, and it lead to dreams of punching demons one night. Anyway, I also figured out why I've been stressed, and it's ever so simple. I've been so frustrated with school and having so much hanging over my head that I had stopped giving it to God, telling myself that these little things are too immediate of problems to give them to God. I need to take care of them real quickly, and give the rest to God. That isn't how God works.

After talking to Trish (for two hours starting at around two in the morning) about how much I wanted to be able to live like I lived last year (doing God-stuff every second), but with enough balance that I'm not crapping up His temple (my body), I decided to ask God about it. Smart, right? So, here's the gist of what I felt He was telling me. He agreed that I've got a lot to take care of, school-wise, before the end of the year. I'm supposed to spend this time working on school junk and also trying to figure out (partially through seeking guidance from a few wise people) how exactly to go about doing things for God without being a workaholic. What Cameron had said to me back when he pointed out that I needed to stop, was that I didn't have enough input for the amount that I was pouring out. My Word time, Paradigm, and Prototype are on a completely different level right now from what they were last year, so maybe my input is large enough for me to get things done? Your thoughts?

No comments: