Sunday, November 23, 2008

Quality Education


Quality. My main concern when applying for college is a quality education. This sounds like a typical thing, but here's the deal. Daniel Lewis, basically my adopted brother, is taking college Physics and Chemistry. He has all kinds of questions and things about both subjects. He likes to think a little bit and make his own theories. He has pitched several theories to his teachers, and they typically talk a lot without giving a real answer.

I do not want to end up in a college like that. I want quality. I wanna be able to question things and to have my questions answered. What if Daniel had somehow stumbled upon a huge scientific discovery? What if I stumble upon a huge scientific discovery? If no professors can recognize it as what it is, it could fade away and remain undiscovered.

I don't plan on being smart enough to discover something huge. But I know that God has bigger plans for me than I could ever make on my own. I wanna be around people who could recognize something new, or be able to correct me on the subject.

This is why I so question many Christian colleges. It is why I am so inclined towards Boston University.

2 comments:

Kate said...

from what I've seen of many state schools...they employ geniuses who don't necessarily have a firm grasp on people skills or the english language.
You don't want to be one of the 500 students they have in their class. But what you're saying about Christian colleges is true, I just wouldn't write all of them off before seeing a few of the best.

GFS said...

This is definately a good concern to have.

It could have a huge impact on your future.