Monday, December 1, 2008

Good Monday To You, Sir


I'm feeling incredible right now. Here's what happened, a'ight? I was asking God the other day what on earth to do about my One. I kept hearing the song from Jason Upton's cd where he sings, "And they'll know we are Christians by our love." I was like, "But God, they already know that I'm a Christian. I've already informed them of this," but the song kept coming back to me.

So today, I woke up to my alarm (there's a wonder in itself) and went to Starbucks to get some AIDS coffee (5 cents goes to AIDS kids). I got one for me and one for my One, and also a bag of Flaming Hot Cheatos. I left the coffee in my One's locker, the Cheatos in Sydney's locker, and wrote notes about Paradigm on each of them. I also texted Jordan and informed him about how good the day will be if he gives it and any discouragement that comes with it to God, and he was excited too. My One and Sydney were both overjoyed to get gifts out of the blue. My One texted me later that she'll go to Paradigm after school gets out.

Galations 5:6b, "The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."

Throughout the day, I felt a lot like I did last year. I'm pretty dern excited.

4 comments:

GFS said...

Thats awesome!

TrishKey said...

That is totally sweet buddy!!! Way to get your one! Gifts are always a good way to a ladies heart , lol :D..... And I could not help but get excited bc the starbucks cup has my birthday on the sash that is displayed around the cup.

Rebekah Michaele said...

i got a starbucks gift card for my birthday. this i find ironic. lol

i plan to recycle it into a Christmas gresent for someone who will appreciate it entirely too much. lol.

elizabeth said...

Not to be stalker-ish or anything, but I enjoy your blog - even though I don't know you. Ha.

This quote reminded me of you:

When Christ said: ''I was hungry and you fed me,'' he didn't mean only the hunger for bread and for food; he also meant the hunger to be loved. Jesus himself experienced this loneliness. He came amongst his own and his own received him not, and it hurt him then and it has kept on hurting him. The same hunger, the same loneliness, the same having no one to be accepted by and to be loved and wanted by. Every human being in that case resembles Christ in his loneliness; and that is the hardest part, that's real hunger.