Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pop-Ups And God On The Brain


I was watching Heroes online, and my internet was being crappy, so the video was choppy. I'm an American, and don't approve of this, so I Googled for a website that would play it better. I found such a website, but it had the "?" that my computer uses to tell me whether a website is good or bad. I now have pop-ups. They mostly use internet explorer, which I hate anyway, but when I clicked to delete it, it resurrected itself. Creepy, huh? It's been too long since I've had computer problems.

I got a detention today. They had a locker check and apparently empty water bottles are prohibited. I'll be taking all of my finals this year.

My One frustrates me. I wish I could know if she's joking about Christianity or if she's anywhere near serious.

I have research to do over break. Mr. Beaumont loaned me like six books on Alexander Pope, who I'm doing my poet research paper on, and he expects it to be way hard. I also have to read Dr. Seuss biographies and make notecards on his stuff.

I don't like to look to the past all the time, but today I was thinking about those men of God, well-known pastors and evangelists, who have God on the brain at all times. Their focus is totally on God, and He makes it into every part of their lives. I got pretty dern close to living that way last year. I wanna be like that again, except without doing harm to my body.

I sound frustrated as of late, don't I?

2 comments:

bri said...

detention for empty water bottles? what kind of rule does that break??? I wanna write a letter to the school about that, it's ridiculous!

Kate said...

yup. good old poetry.
detentions for good kids and dress codes that send you back into prehistoric days.

It sounds like you had quite a day, i'm sorry. If it helps at all, your day makes my day look better =)