Sunday, January 29, 2012

So Too Good Week

This week has felt ever so good. Exhausting, but good (which is how I like it). I think I might have a real shot at getting into the Talent Show. After today's choreographing session with my friend Tim Nickelson, I've got the first two verses and first chorus figured out. I just need to figure out how many counts I need to do a few more fancy contortionist moves and end it, then cut the music accordingly.

Also, I learned a lot about the song "Symphonies" by Dan Black. Assuming I'm translating its meaning correctly, it's about breaking out of the mundane, not settling for apathy or the average. "Gimme, gimme symphonies. Give me more than the life I see." Kinda like what I'm aiming for. It's also probably the best overly-studio-produced sound I've heard in a song. He's obviously a lil' autotuned, but it fits the song.

Thanks to working out and eating well all week, I finally broke 130 pounds. I have the fastest metabolism in the West, so that's a big deal. I don't think I've ever been over 128, and I found myself at 132 the other day.

I need to remember to make time for people this week. People are worth getting to know.

No comments: