Saturday, February 4, 2012

Big Plans

I spent a week working on my dance routine for the talent show last week. That included working out (I gained like eight pounds over the course of a few days), choreographing, and trying to be disciplined with school too. I love doing things like this. Being creative, being forced to plan my time wisely, and preparing for my mission trip to Uganda.

After my four weeks in Uganda, I'm going to Europe for a full seven days, basically like a long layover, which means I must begin and end in Brussels, Belgium. London and Paris are looking like big potential cities to visit, the latter of which is the city I've most wanted to visit all my life. Especially since Paris is having a huge music festival on June 21st, which is totes when I could very well be hopping by.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I MADE IT INTO THE TALENT SHOW! I'm terribly excited, though I'm also pretty intimidated, 'cause I'm a one-man show. It took like two hours after the audition for my stomach to stop clenching up from stage fright. Anyway, it's time to sleep, 'cause I have dance training in 7 1/2 hours.

Oh, and my family is coming. Well, not my whole family, but at least one parent and a few siblings. They've never had an occasion big enough to be worth coming to visit me. But now I'm proud enough of my act in the Talent Show that I've invited them to come for Family Weekend at JBU. And if you would like to see my act, be in Siloam Springs, Arkansas, on February 18, and hop by John Brown University.

No comments: