Sunday, January 1, 2012

The New Year

You know, it may just be a calendar year, the number of days that best fits with how long it takes the earth to make a full revolution around the sun, but there's something about the new year. It's not even that there's a new semester coming up, 'cause that happens in the fall and it's not the same. Christmas Break gives enough time and, well, Christmas and New Years traditions, that it forces you to think, and to rethink.

I wasn't happy with the way last semester went down. I disappointed myself, which is hard for me to do. I was also a bit of a jerk to God quite a few times, and He let me know how He felt about it.

But despite what happened last semester, last year, or even the 21 years before that, I'm here now and I'm willing, and I'm pretty excited to be well-rounded again, instead of trying to make my advisors happy. Of course I'll be doing my best to excel in my classes, but I'm also not going to disregard the chances to perform, act, and model, which are the things that I tend to remember most about school at the end of the semester anyway.

Now I just need to find a dancing coach so I can be a one-man popper for the Talent Show (along with hosting it).

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Hi! I just randomly came across your blog. I enjoyed reading some of your posts. I relate to you very well. It seems we're the same age, in college, Christians, bloggers, and grammar and punctuation freaks. :)

I'm Alyssa, btw. Nice to meet you. :)