Friday, January 20, 2012

How Are You (And Why)

People have been asking me "How are you?" lately, and though it's just a 'dupid American greeting, I try to take it as a literal question. And lately, I've been answering "Good" and then said that this is looking to be my best semester at JBU.

And then they ask why. And I think to myself, "I'm not exactly sure." The important thing to me is that though feelings are fickle, my feelings are finally lining up with what God has called me to. I feel good about school, about the people here, and about what I'll be doing in the future.

Even if medical schools don't want me at first, I think I can kick rear at research in grad school (which might play a part in fulfilling ye olde prophecy from 12-years-old) to help me get in. I do not have the minimum grades in either General Chemistry or Organic Chemistry; I just passed them.

I'm also feeling pretty financially okay. The pops gave me a budget for the semester that should be plenty for me to save a lot of for traveling Europe after Uganda (and for buying Cadbury chocolate, of course). Not to mention that since I did nothing over the break, I didn't have a chance to spend money, so Christmas money and last semester's mascot funds are all being saved. AND I have a pile of books I never sold back to the school, so that should give me a few bucks.

And I got my car back. McBriddle is the greatest.

No comments: