Friday, December 30, 2011

Opinions of Others

I'm kinda the definition of an extravert. People energize me. Granted, I treasure my alone time, but I've realized that there aren't a lot of things I'm driven to do unless someone else will appreciate it. There's a reason why I check my Blogger posts like every day just to check if someone has commented or looked at my posts. Even though I had purposed for this new blog to be just about me, I can't help but be more inspired when I know that someone is reading.

God was the first whose opinion I cared much for, and His is still the biggest. However, I'm also told by many at my school that I should care for the opinion of my advisors. Maybe that's my problem, having contrasting yet important opinions to work with.

In any case, I think the reason I need to do something artsy (a term I've kinda created a vague definition for) is because for the most part, I don't need someone else to regard it too highly. Granted, creative writing, editing videos, and drawing are nice to show off to people. But really, the magic happens when I get lost in it, when I spend hours and hours just working, not noticing the time flying by. That's how reading used to be too. Oh how I used to read!

...And I just watched a LondonSmith.com vlog from my freshman year. Reminiscing can be weird.

No comments: