Saturday, March 14, 2009

"RESET BUTTON"


I was pretty dern overwhelmed and upset the last few days. This feeling usually peaks when I'm without Word time or sleep for awhile, but this seemed a lil' more serious. I made C's on my midterms. Those C's were in my classes with Mr. Harber (one of which I've already dropped). After talking to God in exasperated tones Friday morning, then sleeping for 18 hours that afternoon, I was still upset with Him. Fortunately, Alyssa K. Sortino, my Virginian friend, was on Facebook. We only get to talk once in awhile, and today I brought my troubles to the table. Lots of my grade-crapping, we discovered, is due to words said to me at the end of last semester.

"I really did do my best. I worked hours longer for your class than for any other. I even went as far as to forgo work on my senior thesis for your class, even though I should be working on that." -Me.

"Looking at your work and at the opportunities you had, you did not do your best." -Take a wild guess at which teacher.

To me, this said, "Your best was not good enough." God and I have always been a tag-team with grades. I'd do my part, and He'd make sure that the grades would always reflect my efforts. This time, my grades simply didn't. So I stopped working so hard at managing my time right. I concentrated more on church and Prototype, 'cause my efforts always show when I'm there. On friday, I got that report card and the book for my online class (which I have to finish tests and final exam for by April 15th).

Solving the root problems is a two-step process: hit the RESET button on my life by reorganizing time and priorities and such, and ignore douchy teachers.

4 comments:

bri said...

Where is that reset button in my life?!
I would hold it down until I rest my entire life.

Kate said...

AHHHHHHH! I'm sorry.
senior year shouldn't be so crappy.

Evan Mac said...

I broke a thumb...

Andrew said...

sorry your teacher is "less-than-awesome". Fortunately you've only got a couple months left!