Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Friends Now


My friends are so good! I hope that I'll always be able to have days like today. Just sitting around at the park, occasionally flying kites, trying to make kites out of Target bags, comments about the bicyclist soul-searching in the pond, people riding the wave that is my tum-tum, etc. And the humor is so good and basic. Ah.

Thanks for the input on the prophecy. I think it might be referring to how some teachers (not just Mr. Harber, but also very trusted teachers, like Mrs. Horan) were advising me to approach something other than the medical profession, since my grades in math and science have never been exceptional.

By the way, I have $1,300 for Kenya so far, with more hopefully in the mail. I found out today (apparently not for the first time) that I'm supposed to have prepared a twenty-minute teaching for the youth on saturday, then another one to help Angela with the sunday school the next day, also for the youth.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro. U do have some great people in ur life. Now when u say park were u reffering to the small group park or the park after church. U are going to awesome with the youth lesson btw

P.nick

Anonymous said...

today was perfect:) i love spring
and days like these are reasons why spring is my favorite minus
the bees part i could do without those. but other than that i love
spring:) ahh what a glorious day!

- Ashley L

A poor white middle class soul said...

@ P. Nick.
I was referring to Harry Myers after church. But I was really excited to have all the small groups, including the junior high, coming together. I've been wanting to do that for awhile.

The first thing that came into my mind to teach on was my blog awhile ago about Jesus' death. God gave me such a new perspective, I think I'm supposed to share it sometime. It's potential.

@ Ashley L.
Thanks for commenting. I love spring too (but summer wins out). I'm not crazy about bees either, but Juddson is apparently the Bee Whisperer!

dani said...

your are amazing.

done and done

Rebekah Michaele said...

most prominently the fact that He already knows that Im not perfect and Im going to screw things up sometimes especially when i forget that. but He always forgives and always makes better and is still standing right there. it's like, i know better but i half expect when i've done something dumb to look up and see God like with his hands on his hips rolling his eyes at my stupidity, cuz that's exactly what i do. but God, unlike me, doesn't expect me to be perfect, He's here to help me be good. yarr.

p.s. i freaking love spring days in the park too. i havent flown a kite in far too long.

Andrew said...

Juddson is a bee whisperer. Also, who would have known that Hello Kitty could fly so well?!?

Anonymous said...

I love those days :)