Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Praying With Faith Does Junk


So, thanks to D. Andrew's comment, I know some part of the reason why I wrote the second part of that last blog. Easter is coming. It was weird, 'cause I kinda felt like that story of Jesus was getting lame, and I could see someone preaching about it with real intensity, really bringing that picture into a perspective that people could grasp. The prophetic junk that God puts on me confuses me sometimes. Maybe this Holy Spirit book I'm reading will give me a hint on how to use it?

I was texting with a friend from school (Haley Jones) the other day, and we talked about Chad Rush a little bit. I was getting kinda negative, 'cause of what I've seen in him in the past schoolyear and longer. He has a buttload of anointing on him, but I just hadn't seen him use it at all. You can tell when someone has private time with God, 'cause they pour out whether they try or not. So yeah, I was very negative about him. But then I realized something. I pray for that guy every friggin' day. Then I came to realize about him what I realized about my One. There can't not be a change. The prayer of the righteous man avails much. God listens to my prayers. Things happen in response to them. So this morning, I prayed in faith for him like I've been doing for my One, and something incredible happened. He blew everyone away during devotions. We were talking about the verse that says that if you see something good to do, and you don't do the good deed, that's a sin. My example was if you see an old lady who needs help carrying her groceries, and you don't go to help her, you are sinning. At this point, Jordan and I would normally say something about it, Alex would give a one-sentence remark, and Chad would say something akin to, "Good verse". Alex responded by basically saying that that was too extreme of an example, that it didn't apply. Then Rush whips out with, "Why not?", and elaborates on how if you live with that high standard that you would see the good thing to do, you have the responsibility to do it. After that, Caleob said something about all of it being karma, and Chad was like, "Why would you substitute a secular copy of a Christian belief? Karma isn't Biblical." You can tell that Chad has had his private time with God.

I love to see Chad Rush showing off God.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

amazing.
i like that you find joy in that.
:)

bri said...

double negative!

Andrew said...

That's encouraging. I too see a lot in Chad that I'm not sure he sees in himself.

bri said...

Mhmm, i love it despite the fact that it doesn't always treat me well.

betsy said...

Thanks for writing this and for truly loving Chad even when you don't like him. It IS making a difference in him and in you. John 15