Friday, March 27, 2009

What They See


I've come to realize how unappreciated my work at school is. Whether in classes or with student council, it seems that people don't see what I do. Not only that, but they see me doing little even when I'm doing a lot. I don't get it. There's probably something on that in the Bible, something to do with long-suffering and such, but still, it's a really disappointing thing. When you put most of your effort into something, and people are literally blind to it and only see your mistakes, it tends to take a toll on your opinion of the place. One example is the work I did in student council. No one remembered me being at any of the meetings, and yet it was my ideas that ended up being the highlights of the night.

God isn't like that though, and neither is Paradigm, Lakeshore, or my small group. All I get from those is encouragement. Lesson: Hang around godly people at godly places, and people will see the worth in you when others don't.

2 comments:

Rebekah Michaele said...

there is something in the bible about when you get recognition from people, you have received your reward in full. when you don't get the recognition you deserve but you give of yourself anyway, you get your reward from God. i'm thinking somewhere in Matthew..? anyway, one of the gospels.

Andrew said...

I appreciate your ideas. Like putting random pictures of you on the slides.