Sunday, March 8, 2009

Junior High Is WAY Mature Where It Counts


Regarding the TAPPS Competition:
My pipe-smoking duck unfortunately got 7th out of seven contestants in graphite drawing. My broken-mirror one didn't place at all. But my Kenya one did, and I also got 2nd in Current Events. I can't go to state in Current Events, but my art can. But my Kenya one probably won't make it very far over there. My water one didn't make it at all.

Small groups was so good tonight. Shayna wasn't there, but we still managed alright. We talked about the gift of faith, which took up all of our time, so we didn't move on to any other gifts tonight. Afterwards, though, the Villageezy girls (Jackie, Bree, and Bianca) convinced me to talk to them about demons and such. Through this, I came to learn that they had trouble with demons after small groups moved into their house. Good thing I talked to them, eh? Anyway, I told them what I could within an hour, and then had to return a RedBox dvd (The Rocker is a great movie). They are so incredibly spiritually mature and open than most high schoolers. They told me that I had patience, but I think I would lose self-control if I was in a high school small group. At least these guys talk about their life, and aren't afraid to speak up about things that are important to them, rather than a group of teenagers who "don't like to share" about their lives, or what's going on with them. The only time I experienced ANY frustration with my small group is when I messed up and didn't prep for it with Word time.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Glad to hear you're small group is going so well. I think I got the high school group that "doesn't like to share". Its silly that they think they can do life on their own. I'm challenged, but not discouraged.

Evan Mac said...

http://www.fbclr.org/little_rock_what_we_believe.html

I'm sure their website could tell you better than I. It was remarkable because the church was huge. They had three different places to have worship and watch the sermon, which is broadcast from one of the other locations. But the people have such a heart for each other, even in such numbers.