Sunday, December 28, 2008

Dah Mexican Can Dance!


I haven't blogged because of these pop-ups. They come in hordes, then vacate after about a minute.

Another reason is because I've been gone. To Andrews, West Texas. This year, I was patient enough to learn the story of Papa Bill's birth. It was also one of those precious few times in the year that I spend the night with my brothers. I've made an observation. They haven't changed in the way they pick on the other siblings to get what they want. All I could think of the whole time was that their humor was still so foolish and childish, while I, for one, have worked on mine enough to make fun of them trying to be funny at someone else's expense, rather than in a smarter way.

Then I got sick. Being bedridden for 24 hours is not all it's cracked up to be. I won't go into the details of what was coming out of me, but, suffice it to say...

Last night, Saturday night, after coming all the way back from West Texas, I went with Katie, Michelle, and Emily to Emily's brother-in-law's Mexican restaurant (the spelling of restaurant threw everyone into confusion that night). We got to this restaurant, which lay within the domain of Dallas, and were soon entertained with some Mexican dancing. The first few songs were fun enough, but what I expected to be a 20-30 minute show ended up being a two-hour one. I wish that they'd had a place for us to dance. I'm almost always willing to dance, even if I'm sick. Anyway, 'twas a magical and lengthy evening, and I most assuredly slept in till 2:00 PM this afternoon, since I had no meetings or anything to get to at church.

No comments: