Monday, December 8, 2008

Prepping For Mock Trial

I stayed home from school today, to avoid getting sick (it can happen when you stay up way too late and stress out). It was a good choice. I'm getting caught up in a lot of things. Anyway, our mocks trial was moved to tomorrow. Since I'm pretty sure that none of the prosecution reads my blogs, here's one piece of evidence in our favor.
The story is that Tyler keyed my car, but I hadn't pressed charges. I'm thinking that they'll try to deny his actions, but that's when my attorneys will whip out this picture. On the downside, I don't think we'll have time to put together our video evidence. But rest assured, we had it all planned out and ready.

I was thinking with God the other day, and a certain thought came to mind. People always want miracles to happen. But it's all for God's glory, right? The way I was thinking is this: God isn't particular about whether the miracle is done on its own, through someone, or even a sort of pre-miracle. Like, when you swerve on the road, and your brakes happen to catch, as opposed to the breaks not catching, and you whamming into a tree, breaking several parts of your back and neck, then a bunch of people coming together and laying hands on it, and all of a sudden it comes into rightness, and everyone praises God for it. The miracle was when you didn't have to go through all that crap, and you didn't have car and hospital bills to pay for the trouble. It's all for His glory. Make sense?

Mrs. Newman was taking pictures of our small group with my camera, and she accidentally took it with her back to her house, so I'll get it back tomorrow. It has pictures of our small group in action. We have fun. It was a good discussion yesterday. I didn't have to get stern and serious, 'cause the guys weren't acting up at all. We talked about how doing little nice things for people could make a big difference (Mark 4:something, about a mustard seed growing without the sower knowing).

4 comments:

bri said...

you can't keep your hands on that camera, can you?!

GFS said...

You know, I had never thought of braking being a miracle. That is such an awesome thought!

Rebekah Michaele said...

it is nice when you don't have to get stern..
my small group at Eminent (which, rather than a small group was pretty much the entire youth group lol) started getting so big that that wasnt really a possibility, and stern Bekah had to show her face more than i liked :/

yay for small small groups!

GFS said...

alrighty