Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Paradigm Christmas Party


Ah, Finals week. It only comes twice a school-year, and even before it comes, you can smell the coffee and stress in the air.

I recently found that Hulu was featuring a tv show called The Legend of the Seeker which had a similar description to a book series called the Sword of Truth series that I read back in my book-reading days (when I had time for it). As I watched it, I found out that it was, in fact, based on the book series. I didn't know it was possible, but seeing that sword action and intense action inspired me to take up Tae Kwon Do stretches and workouts again. I've been very sore every day of the week, and I like it.

Anyway, on to tonight's news. Once a year, Paradigm hosts a Christmas party. This year's theme, "Western", was the crappiest theme so far. Fortunately, I like a challenge. For the last few weeks, basically since they announced the theme, I've been working on my costume. It paid off tonight, the $15 investment yielding a prize over ten times this cost, in the form of the new iPod Nano. Our small group also competed, and was the second-best, but, as we all know, junior highers are tough to coordinate. Still, they did awesome for how much practice they had.

And thanks, Bri, for the Moleskin. I've been needing it.

1 comment:

Rebekah Michaele said...

very nice. love the outfit. you should wear that to the fair nest year