Thursday, August 28, 2008

These Afflictions Eclisped by Glory

Tuesday, I tried to wake up for Early Morning Prayer, but wasn't trying hard enough, so I just went to school, but had no electives, so it was short, and I went home and napped. At 8:30, my mom woke me up to get me to deliver a bed to the Nickels house. I was still dead tired, though, and it showed. Then we went to Wal*Mart to get some school supplies, and Mr. Harber was there too. He introduced us to his granddaughter, who's living with him due to family trouble. I also saw Chad Rush over there, and, not having the supplies I needed, we went over to Office Max, where I got some notebooks (which our school is supposed to provide, but they're funny about not buying things). That night, I got upset at God for allowing me to be so confused on whether I was hearing His voice or not, so I told Him to tell me what college to go to through a prophet or something, 'cause I was tired of all of it.
Wednesday, I got to school later than usual (like 8:00, which is early for anyone else). School flew by sluggishly, like most slimy things that were never meant to soar. I went home, had time to shower and talk to Katie for a few minutes on Facebook, then went to church. During worship, "How He Loves" was playing, and it got to the part that says "these afflictions eclipsed by glory", and I kinda accepted God's eclipse. I've got all these things I'm troubled with, but for now I need to let God eclipse it all. That night, I talked to Alyssa Sortino, whom I barely ever get to talk to anymore, even though she was pretty much my favorite intern during The Core. Since she's as random (or probably more random) than I, the conversation was definitely enjoyable. Unfortunately, it was after this conversation that I began working on homework.
Thursday (that's today), I woke up from where I had fallen asleep trying to do my work, and took off for school. In Mr. Beaumont's class, as he was talking and looking straight at me, and I at him, I started to fall asleep. My head drooped a little bit, so it turned into kind of a swing to the side. I was dead tired throughout my classes. Sydney and I exchanged compliments on perfumes and colognes. That was mighty pleasant. This afternoon, I napped.

2 comments:

Rebekah Michaele said...

hahahahahahaha
i just pictured you doing the head nod/swing to the side/shake in an attempt to stay awak in class.
twas mighty funny :p

Alyssa Kay said...

That's me!
ME, I tell ya!