Thursday, August 7, 2008

I Want A Stress Ball

You know what annoys me? My dad. Tonight, I decided to listen to the voice of Wisdom. As it says in Proverbs, she had been crying aloud in my ear over and over, but I ignored her, thinking that I'd rather hang out with friends than do all the crap my dad has for me. Unfortunately, none of these friends ever had a chance to hang out all week long. I went to weed-eat yesterday and today, with my dad getting mad at me the whole time for not doing it earlier in the week, or last week, or whenever he had told me. I argued with him about this for quite some time (totalling up to over an hour, at least). I told him that he doesn't recognize what I do, and only points out the bad. He says that he's tired of being Mr. Nice Guy, so he's gonna be mean. I told him that that's not Biblical. I was clever to open that can of worms. Next thing I know, he's trying to throw a Bible lesson at me about how crappy I've been not to be obeying fast, well, or thankfully enough. But one thing was different about tonight, that I hadn't tried in a long time. I took it all, shutting up throughout the whole thing. Wisdom told me to shut up or I'd get in trouble again. Wisdom knows what an idiot I can be. The words "submit", "just get through the season", and "you'll be able to answer him once school starts" came to mind. Another thing that came to mind was that I need a stress ball, and I kinda wanted a trash can there, so I could throw up.

My dad tries to use the Bible to force guilt upon me, accusing me of horrible things. Tis my life. One more horrific year.

No comments: