Saturday, August 2, 2008

Ducks, Work Ends, SL Retreat, Date Night, and More

My internet was down, so this'll be painfully long to read, so just read the first sentences to find out if it's worth following through with.

On Tuesday (July 23) night, I talked with Cassie for a few hours over Facebook, 'cause she needed to talk about all of her relationship problems. Later that night, I had a dream about ducks, and the entire time, I felt like God was trying to give me a Word with it. At one point (I'm not sure whether I'm duck or human at this point), I get into a pond, and find that it's easier to go through it when another duck, who has already been in the water for awhile, joins me, and helps me to move forward. Then I feel like God wants me to write it down, so I begin to write on paper, "You are ducks", and it's directed from God towards me and others.

Wednesday didn't have anything important enough for me to exclaim about.

Thursday, I bought flowers for Date Night, then started playing Guild Wars again, which is pathetic, 'cause it's an online computer game. Once I couldn't take it anymore, I texted Cameron, and we hung out at the Harbor for hours (BORED), then went to Autumn's house to watch Across The Universe (it really makes you wanna get high).

Friday was my last day of my internship at Dr. Swanson's office, and I departed thence towards the church, where I met up with SLs for the student leader retreat. The night before, Trish, Cassie, Andrew, and others had edited the schedule to make it ridiculous (girls have girl-talk while guys wrestle for 4 1/2 hours, from 10 PM-2:30 AM). We exchanged some good stories, talked about our next levels, played capture the flag till 3:00 in the morning, which is when Anthony tore off a chunk of his leg. The next day was fun, with jet skis and whatnot, although Cassie, who had been so insistent upon us being the first out, backed out on me and went with someone else. It was all the better though, 'cause Trish is really fun to take on the jet ski, partly because she enjoys it as much as I do. I bought my first lottery ticket on the way home, and got pictures of it. Sadly, it wasn't a winning ticket.

Sunday was our Kenya reunion, where we talked about what from Kenya had the biggest effect on us. I asked Jason to give me the video of me preaching even though I thought I was crappy, and he said I was good. I still disagree. But now I have a dvd of the trip, and, since Jason liked me so much, I'm featured in it a lot.

Monday was Date Night, where I met Christian with a K again (he had been one of our dorm leaders at YFN, and is the new YFN worship leader). Michelle wouldn't talk to me much at all, so I mostly talked with Christian with a K. I barely know him, but I love the guy. I was planning on having Michelle for one of my closer school friends this year, but if she keeps acting weird, I might be stuck as a loner.

Tuesday, I went to Starbucks with Katie, where I told her about the duck dream, and she interpreted it for me. I didn't even hear her though, 'cause I could sense God's words coming out of her, and I wasn't expecting answers that quickly. I got her to tell it to me again on Wednesday, and it's basically saying that I am that duck who's had experience living out the faith in a way that works, and I need to push on all those around me who are seriously jumping into it for the first time. Anyway, after Starbucks, we parted ways, then met up at her house for some Aladdin. Little did she know (until I confessed), I have the Aladdin soundtrack in my car, and listen to it all the time, so I sang along with most every song. After her house, I grabbed Drillbit Taylor from Redbox and watched it at Cameron's house with Christian with a K. I ended up spending the night, which wasn't a problem, 'cause my dad had been in Vancouver since Sunday, and wouldn't be back till the following night. I had a very long, very deep discussion with Cameron concerning our lives, relationships, and everything else under the sun, but most of it was him talking, and me just listening, then giving what wisdom I had (which seems to be less, of late).

Wednesday, I went to Paradigm where Pastor Nick got the word "launch", which was totally for me, 'cause I hadn't been pouring out at all for the past few weeks, and it felt like I was taking steps back, even though I was trying to push forward. Pastor Nick talked about how to launch something, you have to pull it back first, then it goes farther and faster than it ever could have before. That night, I crashed, then woke up the next day at like 11:30, then headed down to Canton, where I worked until today.

Saturday, after work, I went to the Lakepoint service, which was alright, then went with Stephen, Katie, Michelle, Brett, Bri, and Meagan Ferguson to Starbucks, where we talked for awhile, then Bri, Brett, Katie, and I went on to Luigi's, where a hilarious group of people was seated behind us, and we just laughed at everything they said the whole time.

2 comments:

Kate said...

yes, I will never forget Luigi's and the fat lady who only spoke in sentance fragments of "Starbucks....Bath and Body Works.....Home Depot..."
What a good night that was.
But you forgot to mention the water/bread boy who was in love with me, i seem to remember that everyone found him just as funny as the fat lady. Everyone except me, who was very embarrassed for him.

Yes, I have Alexandra's name on my arm....hopefully that will transfer every night into my prayers as well.

Kate said...

priceless maybe.

yes i'll watch out, but if they all act like such pansies when they like me then i don't think i'll ever get married.