Thursday, August 21, 2008

Submit

Monday was spent at my dad's office from 8:00 AM-5:00 PM just reading, Facebooking, and sleeping. But mostly reading. I really wanted to hang out with people, but I also wanted to obey God, so I didn't hang out with my almost-college friends at all.
Tuesday, I went to Early Morning Prayer for the second time, to the shock and amazement of Pastors Nick and Tim. I think pretty dern clearly when I lose that much sleep. And Gavin was hilarious. Following EMP, my dad had to drive to Irving, so I drove home and read All The King's Men all day. All friggin' day. It's a good book though. The first one of Mr. Beaumont's that I've liked this much since The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin. I talked to Katie Fritz on Facebook that night, just about talking to God and how to keep from roller-coasting, and I was thankful to God for that.
The following day, my dad woke me up at like 8:30, after which I fell asleep till noon (and later confessed it to him, 'cause I wanted to stay on good terms). At two, I went over to TVCC where I registered for Dual-Credit English. I expected it to take ten minutes, but it took two hours. That was fun. On the bright side, I got a student ID out of it. I took Paco/Pasha/Russian and Jordan to church straight from there. PC spoke that night, and holy crap, he was hilarious, and talked about submitting, which had been the lesson for my life for the past week. After that, we had a lock-in, which was a wondrous thing. It began with CiCi's, where we ate some pizza, and Pastor Nick found out that I was the only one with a camera, so I was in charge of documenting the night. Katie was really tired the whole time, 'cause 'dem Williams girls need their beauty sleep more desperately than the rest of us. After CiCi's, we went to play Broomball, which was way fun. I especially enjoyed when James King would grab the ball and throw it as far as he could, 'cause he knew the best strategy to win: cheat. Following this, we went to Alley Cats, but, unfortunately, it was unreliable in its scheduling abilities, so, after spending roughly 30-60 minutes sitting in their parking lot, we left for Bowlarama, which was open, and much more inviting. The wimps fell asleep at this point, and I did some bowling, played DDR with Rachel and Sam (Sam had a very intense look in his eye). At the end of the night, at 6:00 AM, I had to say goodbye to Katie, Rachel, and Derek, who would be leaving for college on Friday. Isn't that just sad?

2 comments:

Rebekah Michaele said...

that is just sad
*sniffle*

hahaha
sam playing DDR.. with an intense look in his eyes -.-
i believe it :p

Kate said...

Rachel wasn't there dingbat.