Monday, September 1, 2008

The Good Life

I saw a car commercial with a song on it that I really wanted for myself, so I immediately iTunes'd it. "The Good Life" by Tim Myers.

Friday, I went to school, which I was getting good vibes from. The devotional that day was about honesty, and, as it happens, Mr. Beaumont thought it a quaint time to ask people at random whether or not they had read the summer reading in its entirety. Unfortunately, everyone he asked said "no". He didn't ask me. After school, Emmy Nickel and I went down to Canton, where I worked a booth for a lil' bit, then napped till like eleven, then fell asleep again till around noon the next day.
My mom allowed that, since Saturday just so happens to be the only day where I can sleep in. Until five, I just did whatever needed doing, which was moving furniture, for the most part. After Canton, I went to the Lakepoint service where I saw Kollege Katie (college is misspelled on purpose), then went over to the Morises house where we enjoyed watching "When A Stranger Calls", which didn't terrify Michelle until we reround the very end, 'cause we wanted to check something, and she screamed like as to a bloody murder.
Sunday (that's today, mind you), I woke up bright and a few minutes late for church, where I interacted with an amazing thing. An Asian. A Japanese Asian, at that. This wasn't one of those crappy fake Asians you see around, either. His name is Hirokey (Hiro for short, like in Heroes), and he is so incredibly Asian! In the middle of Sunday School, he pulled out something with a screen on it to show Jordan. How stereotypically Asian is that? I was so excited and intimidated, because I know a little bit of how far above average Americans these Asians are. Anyway, the next service was Upgrade with all the leaders and Mickey Inzer (Dr. Inzer's wife), who does counseling at our church, taught for the meeting. From the minute she started asking a few questions, one of my hands was already involuntarily clapping. She talked about deliverance, and how to get to the roots, and the open doors, and a page of my notes was filled up (and I don't even take notes). It was so friggin' good. I went out to WaffleHouse with Cameron, Angella Jensen, and JRush, then switched groups to go to Fridays, from which I proceeded to Angella Musser's house with Trish Key, Nathan Wood, a bunch of others, and, later on John Penry. We watched a movie then went on a really good walk (hours long). We found an unburied tree on our way, and replanted it directly in front of the sign for a middle school nearby. After this, I went home (since Alex and Rackley both seemed unenthusiastic about the idea of me hanging out with them) and talked to my friend from Hollywood, whom I haven't actually seen in maybe seven years. We talked mostly about his spiritual life. He thinks that he's the worst Christian in the world. On another note, he also lives in San Antonio. Personally, I think that that's a sign that we need to take a road trip, and he'll be a stop along the way.

3 comments:

Kate said...

wow, i loved the asian part!
Yeah my sister is quite the pansy. I don't know how that happened really, i get very scared in movies too but i've got enough self control to not advertize it.

Kate said...

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.....Two.
It was predictible, and cute. But cheezy at many moments, and I enjoyed the girls next to me who kept sniggering at every serious scene.

Rebekah Michaele said...

he thinks he's the worst Christian... this leads me to believe that he's not