Sunday, August 10, 2008

Real Life

The last few blogs were basically feelings and crap that I've dealt with in the past that come back occasionally, only this time, I gave into it more than usual. God gives me a clean slate, but still, how small is my faith if a little something like that can make me refuse God's help for an afternoon and night?
Wednesday, I'm pretty sure that I slept in till I moseyed on up and showed and junk for church. In service, God told me to find out where my brothers are at with God. There's a big one. That night, I finally had an opportunity to use the God-money I had sitting in my pocket, 'cause Michelle needed smaller bills.
Thursday, I went to school, where I found out that my GPA was a lower than I had hoped (barely over 4.0). I also found out that I could avoid taking a Jesus class if I taught one, so I'm gonna be teaching junior highers at our school on Mondays. If Pastor Nick asks me to help lead a small group, I might end up cheating and using the same lesson twice. I went to TVCC, but it was too early for me to sign up for my classes. The rest of the day was spent weed-eating and doing boring crap.
Friday, we went to the Baylor Oral Surgery place where they X-Rayed my pearly whites, and told me that I had second molars that never grew in, and never will, unless I get braces again (WHICH WON'T HAPPEN!!!!). Plus, my wisdom teeth are definitely shoving and crowing my bottom teeth a bunch. On our way back, we got in a car accident (fender bender), but it wasn't a big deal for us. It was a much bigger deal to the lady behind us, who was in shock. I went to the Sociables after that, where I talked with Evan a lil' bit, and we decided to hang out on Monday. It was a good night for the last night of that season of the Sociables. If there's one thing I've noticed about people before they leave for college, it's that they always seem to be at their prime. I love to be around the people who are about to leave. I don't know what happens, but it always seems to happen.
Saturday, I went to Lakepoint after getting a free meal from Priscilla at Joe Willy's ($$ saved), and had a nice talk with God there, then we went on to Starbucks, where Cameron met up with us. From there, we headed over to the Williams' grandparents' house, where we watched The Lion King, which would've been good, but the atmosphere simply wasn't set for it. Then we watched The Emperor's New Groove, which only Stephen and Michelle seemed to like, but they liked it enough to make up for the rest of us. Bri gave me a really good hand massage for the entirety of that movie. Cameron and I, believing that the night was still young (around midnight), went to his house to watch Minority Report (RedBox failed us for the first time, so I had to whip out my own movie). We also talked for a lil' bit, mostly about the guys moving on to a new part of their lives, and what they've been doing to prepare for it.

2 comments:

Evan Mac said...

*is leaving out the door for vacation*

I have to go shopping for all my college stuffs when I get back. If you are free then maybe you can help.

Andrew said...

I didn't realize you had a blog. How many other people have blogs and I don't realize it?