Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Real Clothes

Sunday, I was early for second service, so I got to have myself a donut from church, which I'm normally to late to catch. I went to the service, then skipped third to eat with the Woods to talk about their missions trip to LA. I might have gone with my family, but they all said they were going to Applebees. But lo and behold, there they were at Luigi's. Needless to say, my check was paid for. Following this, I went home and showed and whatnot, then it was off to Victoria Daley's going-away party. That was some fun Apples to Apples, and Pastor Tim Meister and I got along well in that game. Then Katie called me and told me to go to Daniel Beilman's going-away party, which, on the downside, was in Poetry, but, on the plus side, had all my friends there. And Katie gave me a late birthday present (cologne and a lock of hair). The cologne smells like me and is French, and the lock of hair would be a creepy present for anyone but me.
The following day, my dad had asked me to be at the office at 10:00, and I, being the crappy son that I am, didn't get there till 1:00. Needless to say, my dad and I need time apart. Eight years, maybe? Anyway, I went to change the oil in his car and deposit a check for him, then I was off to the mall with my mom and Priscilla, where we visited Forever 21 (pants that fit? this was new to me), and also got some school shirts from Macy's (the Children's section), 'cause they were having a deal. Once again, my mom and I disagreed on my size, but I told her that I wouldn't wear what doesn't fit me, and I won. Following that, I went home and found that Alexandra had bet Preston $20 that he couldn't swallow a spoonful of cinnamon. When I found out, I signed up for it. That stuff is stinkin' dry. All I could do is cough up a cloud then try to spit it out before I gagged and threw up. It made me feel a lil' sick for the rest of the night. Later on, my dad yelled for Alexandra to go to bed, and she explained to me that dad likes it if he thinks that you'll obey. "OKAY DAD, I'M JUST GETTING A DRINK! But really, I'm gonna get a drink, go back to my room, then tell dad that I'm going to the bathroom, which I'll do, then I'll walk into the living room to watch tv," she explained to Preston and I. This was how we lived when we were little.

No comments: