Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I know what you're thinking, "Waffles would be delicious right now." Or, at least, you might've been thinking that when you started reading it. Anyway, Sunday was fine and dandy. My dad, sister, and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings (which never happens, 'cause I always go with friends, but most were in California, so I figured "why not?"). I barely listened to the conversation, though, 'cause I discovered as I sat there that I can play Texas Hold 'Em for free the entire meal. I hadn't played in forever, so I really enjoyed it. That afternoon was kinda the silence before the storm. We had a media meeting that night, and, since D. Andrew had nothing planned, we filmed the countdown video for Paradigm. It was me shaving my mustache. A lot of emotions were involved, mostly black nationalism prejudice, but when it was all said and done, my face felt blank. I'm kinda getting used to being a blank slate again, but I can't help but miss the 'stache.

Monday lacked importance. I played an online game a lil' bit, worked on college application stuff, and read my book for school (which is the only thing I should have been doing, 'cause it's so friggin' long). I watched this sermon from a guy who sounded really negative at first, but turned out to be a pretty dern convicting thing, and, while watching it, God gave me a revelation about a part of my dream. I've got a haircut appointment, so I don't have time to share it now, but when God tells me the whole deal, then I'll put it on here.

Tuesday, I woke up for early morning prayer, where I was complaining to God about having to go to school for so long while everyone else gets to move on with their lives, and He reminded me of how long Jesus had to wait till he could even do ministry. I've been doing ministry for most of my life. The only thing I have to wait on is a career, which could be considered a blessing in disguise. Then we went out to eat afterwards, then to Starbucks. All of that lasted till around noon, then I went to do yardwork for my dad at his office, which he had been yelling at me about lately. I wanna murder that friggin' weed-eater. That night, I was gonna get Starbucks with Katie ('cause we had coupons), but she couldn't go, which turned out to be just as well, 'cause later on, I saw a rainbow nearby, and went on a rainbow chase. I chased it for at least ten miles before it had retreated too far into the sky for me to catch up to. It was pretty extreme.

No comments: