Thursday, February 27, 2014

What To Speak On...

As I browse my mind and spirit (and, of course, ask God) for topics to speak on while in Belarus, I've reflected on my biggest lessons since I've graduated. The biggest one, as I believe I've related before, is holding a standard.

Sometimes I convince myself that I've changed drastically over the years, that since I haven't been involved in ministry apart from a few trips, that I'm not a regular churchgoer, that means that I'm not the type of on-fire-for-God Christian that I once was. But an important lesson comes from Philippians 3:16. Those with a maturity in their faith should bear in mind who they once were in Christ, so they can live up to what they have already attained and let that experience complement their current level of faith so they can stand more firmly in Christ. The best thing for us as Christians wanting to grow further in our relationship with God is to, as it says earlier in that Philippians passage, forget what is behind and strain toward what is ahead. Toss aside what is holding you back and take hold of that for which Christ first took hold of you.

In the words of The Doctor on the last season finale of Doctor Who, we may change faces, but we must remember those past faces we have had. Hopefully that connects. But maybe I just wanted to feel that dramatic speech he made before he regenerated...

No comments: