Sunday, February 9, 2014

Talk It Up

I visited Arkansas this past weekend. Unfortunately, it wasn't the brightest I've seen it. Though the snow shimmered all nicely, many of my friends shimmered significantly less than usual. It's unfortunate that when things are finally coming to fruition in my life, many peers are in the midst of more difficult times. It's also tricksy when the only thing on your mind is the fact that you'll be in Europe in less than a month, and all your spare time revolves around planning the unplannable. I was not a skilled conversationalist because I could not stop turning everything around to talk about my not-so-distant future. I can't help it.

After talking it up so much, I've found that other friends seem more willing to go. Tara and Mia (two human friends) may visit in May, and my friend Jake and some of his friends want to go busking. Even my sister, Priscilla, is now considering paying a visit.

Who knows what the semi-near future holds?

No comments: