Sunday, February 16, 2014

Less Than Three Weeks

Well, 6-pack is back. I've been working out consistently again, so that's nice. The only downside is that I often find myself wondering why exactly I'm working out. Aside from being healthy, I tend to feel like I should have someone to impress, or a way to show it off. Before, it seemed kinda useless. I mean, in winter, I'm just not gonna be going topless outside of, well, the shower.

I'm less than three weeks away from leaving the country. Well, a few days till I go on the cruise to the Caribbean (I'll be topless there), but less than three weeks till I begin my three-month backpacking journey. I invested in a GoPro today and bought some insurance for it, so it came out close to $500. It's a big investment that I'm not sure I could really afford to make, but hopefully I'll use it well and continue to edit videos.

I've begun dreading the trip in some ways. I've intentionally not planned it because I want it to grow me. I want to have to roam around and figure things out as I go. But I also know that travel, even planned with places to stay and a flexible itinerary, is exhausting. And this will be three months of that.

I don't like to sound whiny about this huge opportunity that I'm planning, but I really doubt whether it'll be a vacation, at least for the first month or two. Until I make friends or go south to the beaches, it'll probably be pretty difficult. As I've told many people, I just need to go karaoke bar hopping through Europe, and I'll make friends that way. Also street performing. That should still be a focus.

1 comment:

JOHN said...

ince blog Im glad I found it,Trip sounds awesome can you add you to mine?Ive been blogging since 2008 and recently getting back into itLooking forward to uour updates
John