Thursday, February 6, 2014

One Month

Well, it's official. Plane tickets have been bought. One month from today, I will be leaving the States for a week-long mission trip to Belarus, to be followed by three months of backpacking through Europe. I have also been booked to babysit for the doctor and business manager of our clinic (wife and husband), as we will all be in Dublin at the same time.

Planning/not planning this trip is cray-cray. I'm doing my best to spend the very smallest amount of money possible in this time before my trip because the plane ticket was more expensive than I'd expected. Plane ticket is $1500 and in-country expenses in Belarus are $500. I still need to buy a travel backpack, but besides that, I think I've got most of what I need in terms of items.

Now it's a matter of figuring out what/how much to bring. Because I wanna travel as light as possible but I also wanna do street performing and thrive in colder as well as warmer weather. I actually wanna do anything to make a lil' bit of money on the road, though I'll hold back on prostitution #WWJD.

So I guess much of the planning should revolve around learning "party tricks" and dance moves and such to get free drinks/rides/money while on the road. And maybe I should do online work for China again. That work was only kind of evil, and though it paid poorly, the work was extremely easy.

No comments: