Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Diggin' In

As I worked all yesterday evening and into this morning on my presentation for Organic Chemistry, I started to realize something: I love writing and research. I love going in knowing next to nothing about a subject, then slowly digging in and losing myself in it. Granted, I can't tell you everything about terpenes and cholesterol and acids and hormones, nor how to synthetically produce one or the other of them using a combination of the others in the lab. However, I can tell you that I learned more and cared more last night about Organic Chemistry than I have for most of the semester.

Oh, and I owned at the presentation part. Dressing professionally and bringing cupcakes always sweetens the deal and can help keep people from asking hard questions at the end.

It makes me think that research as a grad student before medical school wouldn't be so bad. Maybe.

No comments: