Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Brief Reflection

I read through this semester's blogs today. I feel like I don't even need to write reflections; I knew everything I was doing wrong/right for the whole semester. My youth pastor told me (in reply to my frustrations with academics a month or two ago) that everything is clearer in hindsight. I told him that it was already clear to me. God is very talkative with me. Like, young me would've been pretty ticked at current me for how easily I hear God, yet how 'dupid I've been about obeying Him and taking a hint from the obvious commands He's given.

Sure, most of it is clearer in hindsight. But God has gifted me prophetically, and that takes away whatever excuse I might have had for acting 'dupid.

Here's a lesson that any little kid already knows (and not just because they're smart): obey God. God doesn't like giving you the privilege of hearing Him speak for no reason. His Words are powerful, but they don't do much if you don't put them into action.

No comments: