Monday, December 19, 2011

Bad Dreams

I haven't had nightmares, except maybe when I was very young. I learned to change the dream or thought process, or just wake up. But some dreams are worse than nightmares.

I've had some recurring dreams. They vary some, but they always bring to mind related ones. I dream that I have a relatively free schedule with some sorta independent classes, but in those dreams, I end up forgetting that I even have those classes, and I fail as a result. I also had a dream last night where my statistics professor had us use my grade as an example for some equation, and I struggled, as I do in reality, to take ownership of my grades without being ashamed.

My mom said that she had similar dreams when she was thinking about going to graduate school, but her aunt told her it was normal.

I just hate it that school doesn't stop stressing me out when I leave. I'm still haunted in the place that used to be my sanctuary: my dreams.

I hate it, and it makes me fear for the 5 1/2 years of schooling left, not to mention the years of residency that follow.

No comments: