Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Good Talk


For anyone who hasn't heard yet, I got accepted into John Brown University with a $2,500 scholarship. The enrollment people are way nice, and I'm visiting tomorrow. This is my chance to get a feel for the school, and see if God gives me any heads-upses about it.

This may ramble a little, so brace yourselves.

So after school, I went to Starbucks, then to meet with Jason Holland, the Kenya trip leader. Our conversation varied a lot. I told him about the bad spirit that was on me before the retreat, then this God-spirit that fell on me the other day. As we talked, I came to understand that it was the Spirit falling on me in power. Not only that, but, as I shared on how my giftings seemed to work, it sounds like I may have a lot of prophecy going on. I need to cultivate it and whatnot, but that manifestation of the Spirit is there. Oh, and he gave me a chart thing that told the difference between motivational gifts (from God the Father), ministry gifts (from God the Son), and manifestation gifts (from the Holy Spirit). Those had been confusing me a lot.

He answered my questions about deliverance, but told me that he did more of prophecy and the other manifestation gifts. I want to know about deliverance so that if I ever come across someone manifesting, I'd know what to do. Other than that, manifestation gifts are the things I wanna learn about. Anyway, it was a good talk, and he offered to do it regularly. It'll be hard on me, 'cause I've gotta think of good questions.

7 comments:

bri said...

read.

Rebekah Michaele said...

actually

i know someone who has ALOT of experience with deliverance.
and Godly wisdom to go with it. you should throw yuor questions her way

Rebekah Michaele said...

and she's not like religious about it or all oogie-boogie or anything.

Anonymous said...

hey contrats on JBU!

Andrew said...

That's cool. I'm glad he answered your questions well.

Rebekah Michaele said...

oh yeah
by the way

CONGRATULATIONS LONDON!!

GFS said...

Congrats on JBU!

Thats really awesome!