Saturday, February 7, 2009

New Outlook


On Monday (the day I was at school this week), some people in our unsupervised study hall (the one we can talk in) were asking questions for an assignment. Questions like, "What did you like about last (school) year?" and "What do you like about this (school) year?" The sad thing is, everyone could remember great things about last year, but everything about this year was negative (some blame went to us having regular schedules due to overachieving, but I think it's deeper).

I know that much of this will change with spring, and with reflection in the future, but I think it's time to change it up. This school year needs to be more memorable. Our senior pranks will be better than previous ones, I'm sure. I already have a few things planned. But what can I do to change the outlook from "crappy senior year" to "awesome senior year"?

God will back me up if I try, but I could use some tips. General, specific, thoughtful, or practical (like personally themed weeks "Surprise a senior with a present"?). Throw 'em at me.

4 comments:

Rebekah Michaele said...

hey, where did that picture come from? are those real hands, or photoshopped?

my senior year was pretty good for me anyway.. but it was pretty much all about band and theatre as far as i was concerned. that's what i spent the majority of my time on.

so... i'll ponder a bit and throw any ideas i come up with in your direction

GFS said...

How many seniors are there?

Kate said...

.don't wait for senior prank time to do pranks.
.Do nice things for people.
Jordan once wrote me a note and drew a picture on it. He didn't know it but that was one of the days i contemplated suicide. I still have the note it and it makes me cry.
Pass notes in class. this was a good one for me.
.read the book "stargirl" by Jerry Spinelli. It has a lot of good points about highschool and it's young adult so it's not too long.
Don't have expectations that can't be met. Just look at your senior year as a time of transition and your last time to know the underclassmen. I went in with few expectations and came out very happy and surprised at the friendships God placed for me that year. That was the year i met Carla and You, Stephen, and Josh kept me sane.

Andrew said...

You read this one to me.