Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Keeping Watch



On a note unrelated to this blog: I don't like being asked to not talk about God. Conversations seem trickier.

Two words seem to be repeated as of late. "Pride" and "busy".

Romans 3:27, "Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of observing the law? No, but on that of faith."

There is no room for pride, because everything we have, we have through faith.

As for being busy, I can't think of any direct scripture references. I do know that a balanced life is essential. It's okay to be busy, but have enough wisdom to show restraint (Prov 23:4, in reference to being a workaholic for riches). As Cameron once advised me, "Say no".

Hearing these words repeated makes me think that God may be telling me it's something I need to be watching out for. If you know any helpful Biblical references that might help me stay on the lookout, especially with "busy", feel free to comment with them.

2 comments:

Kate said...

i don't know any references.
but where did you get that picture?

GFS said...

awesome post.

business makes me think of Col. 3:23-24

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

being overly busy isnt giving your best before the Lord. ( I tend to get overly busy alot)

but on another note. Being busy has also taught me to rely on God.

anyway, theres my 2 cents.