Thursday, February 12, 2009

Assume Nothing



This is the end of an era. I'm just glad that I get to help out with the start of the New Paradigm. Pastor Nick talked about the words "Assume Nothing". What a timely word! That's kinda the theme of the early church, I think. They had no previous knowledge of what should or could restrict someone with Jesus living in them. This was the way it should be. They didn't know that certain things weren't "appropriate" for a church service. They had no assumptions about anything God could or couldn't do. They assumed that He was the almighty creator of the universe, and He was fully willing and capable of doing anything and everything that they, their church, or the people around them needed.

This has kinda been the message I've been wanting to impart to the junior highers. To assume nothing about what God can do. Never assume that a junior higher can't do things. "Things" being prophesying, performing miracles or healings, or, even bigger for junior highers, to have Wisdom in what they say.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Sometimes I loose sight that Jr. High have a lot to offer. I sometimes sell them short, I shouldn't do that.

Kate said...

i met some jr. highers tonight.


they brought back a whole lot of memories.

bri said...

read last several posts.

bri said...

nope, low grade fever, pretty steady. I don't go to the doctor - I'm terrified. I have really bad panic attacks. Always.