Saturday, July 19, 2008

Work Begins

My mom's cousin, Dr. Swanson, owns a pediatrician's office, where she works, and where I began working on Monday. My jobs include urine tests (easiest and therefore favorite), weighing people and taking their temperature followed by taking them to a room where I ask them questions about their diseases, cleaning up rooms after they're done, holding kids down while they get shots, and (since Friday), filing peoples' forms away. Plus any other jobs that they find for me. I'm the only guy in the office, but that's never been a problem. I was raised in the company of girls. I've been doing my Word time and lunch at Town East Mall, so I have the variety of the food court to choose from. I'm thinking of eating at the office like everyone else does, but then I have to work my Word time into another time of day, and that would just throw a wrench into my schedule. Monday and Tuesday, my dad got back from work around when I did, and he wanted me to clean with him, so, naturally, I just went to sleep, then woke up after everyone else went to sleep, and got on the computer. Then I would go to sleep, but, since I had already napped, I wouldn't get to sleep till 3:00-4:00 AM.
On Wednesday, Paradigm was great. There were a lot of new people, and Josh Newman and Josh Russia helped Pastor Nick preach. Paco/Pasha/Russia was on fire. He was right on with everything. It reminded me of a cd that Matt Papa just released, Your Kingdom Come. Thursday, I went to YFN for its last night and saw Emily and Kara. Yesterday, I went to work again, and it was Shane Denny's, a guy from the Sociables, birthday, so I got a urine cup and a latex glove, drew a happy face on the glove, and stuck it on the cup. It was a great present.
Today, I drove to Arlington and dropped Alexandra off at cheer, then drove on to try to find a Starbucks for my Word time. Unfortunately, Arlington only has a place called "America's Best Coffee". It sounded prideful to me, so I settled for Half-Price Books, where I didn't see fit to take my Bible, so I sat and read comic books for two hours.
The whole week, God had been telling me to do this Bible study-ish thing with a few guys. For some reason, I was adamantly against it. I was almost to the point of just disagreeing with God, and it was taking a toll on me, spiritually. I set it up and everything, but I didn't wanna do it. Anyway, Chad R. and Newman made it. Chad was basically the reason for it. He's the one everyone follows, so if he gets what God is wanting, then everyone might get a glimpse. I did it, but with a bit of a wrong attitude,
Lastly, preparations have begun for Date Night, and specific expectations have been made clear. It's gonna be good.

3 comments:

Kate said...

three things:

1. I almost ran up to Russia Josh and hugged him after he spoke, but then i thought he might take it the wrong way.

2. You have a more unhealthy sleeping schedule than I do, and that's saying a lot. You bad kid. Someday i'm going to start putting sleeping pills in your drinks so you'll sleep at the right time and the same time every night.

3. Doing what God says can suck pretty badly, but last year I ignored what God told me was going to happen within my family, and now I have the guilt that i could have prevented some of the pain we all felt. Don't ignore Him, he's always right.

Kate said...

I ordered a Bible on amazon today, i had seen it in Barnes & Noble and decided that i should get it a bit cheaper.
It's the Message Bible, but it's set up like a day-to-day read and has extra stuff for devo purposes. Hopefully it'll help a bit with my Bible boredom and loss of knowing where/what to read.

Evan Mac said...

Ranch is disgusting unless it's on salad