Saturday, November 18, 2017

Supposed Strides

Went to a night of worship thing last night where crush was singing and reconnected a lil' with some people from the ol' high school days.

I am still unsure in myself. I do not know which aspects of me need to be thrown out and which should remain. There are parts that are overtly emphatically Christian, which would be a perfect fit if I were only doing overseas missions work. On the other hand, there is the version of me that can get along exceptionally well with most any person of any faith, and part of his charm is that Christianity is more of an identifier, like a gender, than a mission. Granted, trying to witness for the past few years has largely been stopped short due to the need to clarify a dissociation from the Trump brand of Christianity; it is hard to get to the impact of the cross if you are busy elucidating the fact that Jesus was not a fan of hate.

One enormous takeaway from last night, aside from the crushometer rising a lil', was that all of this education, all of this field research, may be viewed like Abraham sacrificing his son. Being willing to sacrifice whatever supposed strides I have made on the whims of Christ still ultimately belong to Him; I should not be trying to hold back any of it that He has found to be unworthy of His purpose.

No comments: