Monday, February 2, 2015

Peel Off A Layer

Each class has good professors and bad. They switch out who is teaching what depending on the focus and subject matter. For instance, when Biochemistry became more Genetics oriented, the professor who helped sequence the genome of the kangaroo (yes, he's Australian) taught. In Physiology, we currently have one of the worst professors, especially for upper med classes. He explains very poorly and doesn't answer questions well, or at all.

Anyway, one of our lesser professors was teaching Biochemistry (and I'm still struggling with what he taught) last week, but now the good professor has taken over. This is actually the best of all possible Biochemistry professors. And today, I answered two questions correctly in class. And at least one of them was a "why" question, which can often have far-ranging answers. But I did it, and the excitement within a few feet of me (created by me) was palpable and annoying.

Also, I think I'm becoming myself more. Except less sarcastic, which stanks. But I dunno, the witty doctors I know all have more of a quiet wit, the kind that doesn't immediately show itself. And that's admittedly the type I've wanted to have. But there's a layer of serious that I still don't know when to peel off.

No comments: