Monday, September 19, 2011

Quiet Time

Sometimes, I forget the most basic, important things.

Whenever something just feels off, and I can't seem to put my finger on it, it can be one of many things. Like, if I have a big thought on my mind, some revelation, and I feel anxious, that means I need to write it down as fast as possible.

Tonight, I kept thinking that strange feeling, like everything is off. I felt all odd and introverted, and I just wasn't sitting right. I thought to myself, "Maybe I need to write something," but when I thought of what to write, my mind came up blank. Then I saw a nice little secluded area and remembered the value of Quiet Time. It's among three important aspects of your Christian walk which you should never go too long without: prayer time, Bible time, and quiet time. We often mistake/replace one for another, especially by replacing quiet time with prayer time, but this isn't a good idea.

We need that time spent in silence. Usually, I'll express my joys, frustrations, and confusions to God until I'm driven to silence, and then I just sit there. And therein I find that anxiety drifts away.

1 comment:

Ash said...

One of my old pastors told me something a long time ago that has been invaluable.
You cannot pray to God for insight and understanding, you cannot ask him to help you find your way, if you are not willing to just sit and listen in silence and peace for the answers.