Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Love God


God has called me back a lil’. In my habit of extremes, I’ve gotten to used to the community mindset at JBU and negated to pay attention to the individual mindset I grew up with. I’ve grown to depend on people depending on me, to the point that if no one is depending on me, I don’t bother to work on my relationship with God. So today, God reminded me of why I first pursued Him. It wasn’t because I was surrounded by great Christians, or because I was brought up right. It was because I genuinely wanted to get to know Him. It’s the whole Love God, Love People thing, which, as simple as it is, is pretty easy to get off-track with.

Community is good, but God is gooder. I need to remember my first love if I want to discover the rest of what love means.

No comments: